Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oreo turkeys

Ezra's class at daycare had a "Fall Feast" on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  I signed up to bring a dessert, because bringing something like buns is really boring.

I searched through my Pinterest to see what I had for good ideas for desserts.  I wanted to make sure there weren't any nuts in it (the neighboring room has a child with a peanut allergy) and I wanted something the kids would eat.

Here's what I made...


They're Double Stuf Oreos with candy corn feathers.  The heads are halves of Tootsie Roll Midgies.  I used orange chunks of candy corn for the beaks and a little string of Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel as the dangly red hangy-down-thing.  The white frosting was used to "glue" the heads on and make eyes and I used brown sprinkles for the eyes.  They aren't as cute as the picture I adapted them from, but that lady was a semi-professional baker, so I don't feel so bad.

The kids loved them!


They got progressively "less cute" the more I made... Probably because it was almost 10pm and I was losing steam.  But the kids didn't seem to notice or care.

I consider this a win.

-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment