Thursday, August 18, 2011

A transition

Tomorrow is Ezra's last day in the Starfish room at daycare.  He's been there a year and we've come to know and love the 3 teachers in his room.  It's going to be a sad day.  All this week he's been spending time in his new room, the Peacocks.  Each day it's been a couple hours more than the previous, and each day we get a little report on how the day went.  So far, he has gone right in and started playing with the other kids... no tears, no sadness, no tantrums.  He had lunch in there the last 2 days and napped there today.  I'm glad the transition has been so smooth, but I'm still sad.  Maybe it's because I know my baby is growing up, or maybe it's because I know how much those girls love him and will miss him.

So I decided they needed a gift.  I found this idea and thought it was so adorable...

(via)

I found an adorable yellow Gerbera daisy plant that just so happened to have 3 lovely blooms... one for each teacher.  I can't wait to give it to them tomorrow to brighten an otherwise sad day.


It's not quite as fancy as a typed and printed label, but I think they'll like it. :)



-Kara



No comments:

Post a Comment