Anyway, I love pasta. Any shape, any size, any color. It's all delicious. And I love alfredo. So this recipe is a win-win.
My not so impressive looking pasta bake
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti
- 2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Prepare ziti according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with ziti until evenly coated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together ricotta cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
We used rigatoni instead of ziti, just for sport and it was so tasty. But I must say, all 4 of us ate this and we ended up eating only about half of a 9x13 pan... so next time we are going to cut the recipe in half and just make an 8x8. We had LOTS of leftovers, which - sadly - wasn't even close to as good the next day.
Try it and let me know if you like it.