Monday, September 19, 2011

Super yummy three cheese pasta bake

In my Pinterest addiction, I have created a board of food.  There are currently 111 different recipes and I have tried 2.  This is one of them, and I liked it so much I'm totally hijacking the recipe and distributing it as I see fit... to the 4 people who read my blog.  (Hi!)


Anyway, I love pasta.  Any shape, any size, any color.  It's all delicious.  And I love alfredo.  So this recipe is a win-win.


My not so impressive looking pasta bake

Don't let this terrible picture fool you.  This was delicious.  And the recipe is courtesy of Southern Living, so you know it's good.



Ingredients

  • (16-ounce) package ziti
  • (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
  • (8-ounce) container sour cream
  • (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese

Preparation

  • Prepare ziti according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
  • Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with ziti until evenly coated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
  • Stir together ricotta cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
  • Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.


We used rigatoni instead of ziti, just for sport and it was so tasty.  But I must say, all 4 of us ate this and we ended up eating only about half of a 9x13 pan... so next time we are going to cut the recipe in half and just make an 8x8.  We had LOTS of leftovers, which - sadly - wasn't even close to as good the next day.


Try it and let me know if you like it.


- Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment