Monday, February 13, 2012

Toddler Snack Mix Valentines

Ezra is excited about Valentine's Day this year.  He doesn't really get it, but has developed a love for hearts.  I found a post on Baby Steps 365 that had a toddler snack mix and I thought it was a really cute idea.  It isn't candy - which is nice - and it was really easy.

The cast of characters

The ratio I used was 2 cups of Frosted Cheerios, 1 cup of Teddy Grahams, 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt Raisins, and 1/2 cup Strawberry Yogurt Melts.  

It looks pretty tasty


I got these cello bags at the Target dollar spot.  Ez loves "robot friends" so he was delighted when I gave him these to hold when he was riding in the cart a couple weeks ago.


I filled each bag with a 1/2 cup of snack mix and twisted them closed with the silver twist-ties that came with the bags.  Then I wrote on some of the bigger foam heart stickers and stuck them on each bag.  Hopefully they don't fall off, but if they do, we'll come up with a new plan.  

And I hope the parents in Ezra's room at daycare won't be afraid of it because it isn't packaged.  In my opinion, two year olds don't need a bunch of sugar pulsing through their little bodies from the candy usually attached to Valentines.  

Cute, huh?

-Kara 





No comments:

Post a Comment