Friday, May 11, 2012

Favorite Things Friday: Assorted "beauty" products

I'm not sure if one would actually categorize the following things as "beauty" products, but I wasn't sure what else to call them.  But they're staples in my daily life and I love them so I thought I'd share.

First up...

Goody Rectangular hair clips AKA "gymnastic-y clips"

buy them here

It took me a couple years to find these babies.  I had 3 random rectangular clips that I had been using (two were purple and one was gold -- ick!) and I couldn't find any more of them anywhere.  I didn't want the tapered end ones you can buy anywhere - I wanted these rectangular ones that are the same width the whole way across.  Here's why... I do the bang bump.


See it?  When my bangs aren't cooperating I brush them back and bump them up a little and clip them.  I don't like to use bobby pins for this because it always ends up falling out.  And I don't like the tapered end ones because... well, I just don't.  So with those rectangular ones I pull out that little "stay in place" plastic thing and throw it away --- because it just gets in the way --- and then I do the bang bump.  

Are you wondering why I called them "gymnastic-y clips"?  Growing up we loved watching the Olympics, especially the gymnastics portion.  Those girls always had their hair so tight and filled with so dang many of those clips that they became "gymnastic-y clips" whenever we needed to talk about them.  Which really wasn't very often, but whatever.  They got a fun name anyway.

Remember those, Erica and Holly?

Next up...

Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment


buy it here

For a long time I was a Chapstick Medicated girl.  That's what I always used and that's what I liked.  I'm not sure how I eventually converted to this kind but it was Frank's preferred "lip stuff" so I tried it and was hooked.  I have 1 in my purse, 1 in the diaper bag, 1 in my desk at work, and 1 in a mug on top of my desk at work.  Sometimes they even come in a handy 2 pack.  Plus they make your lips shiny but not sticky like lip gloss.

Next...

Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Pads

buy them here

These are by far the best eye makeup remover things I've ever used.  I tried them once and loved them. The pads are really soft - not scratchy like the cotton rounds you can get at drug stores.  Plus the liquid in the eye makeup remover doesn't sting your eyes when it (inevitably) gets in your eyes.  You get 30 in a jar - so they last a month.  Target and Walmart both have them for about $5.99.  It's totally worth it.  You should try them.

And finally...

Shea Cashmere Hand Cream in Secret Wonderland

buy it here

I don't really shop in Bath & Body Works anymore.  Maybe it's because at one time I had 13 bottles of lotion or body spray in my bathroom cabinet and Frank put his foot down.  In all honesty, I ended up throwing most of them out because I either got sick of the smell or they got all separated and runny.  But this smell is SO GOOD!  The first little bottle of this was used up completely.  And when I say completely, I mean it.  I even cut the end off and scraped the last little bit out of the bottle.  Spending $10 a bottle for 3 ounces of lotion is pretty unheard of for me.  So I was delighted to find a coupon so I could get 2 bottles for the price of 1... so 1 lives at work and the other is in my purse.

Do you have any favorite products I need to know about?

-Kara



Like all my FTF posts, these opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for my review.







No comments:

Post a Comment