Friday, January 6, 2012

Favorite Things Friday: In my makeup bag

I decided to start my own weekly feature.  Favorite Things Friday.  I can go on and on (and on) about my favorite products so I thought I'd start doing it weekly.  Maybe that will get me more into blogging.

I decided to start with my makeup bag.  I've seen a few other bloggers do this and loved it.  I like seeing what other people use and their honest opinions about make up and hair products.



My make up bag is a cute little zipper pouch I got at a Thirty-One party.  I hadn't ever heard of them either, until I was invited to one.  They ran a special where if you ordered $31 in items they would let you pick a little zipper bag for $2.  So, amen.  I was on board.

I don't do any sort of foundation or powders.  I haven't found one that matches my skin tone well enough that didn't get cakey or feel oily.  There's now a Bare Escentuals store in our mall, so I'm thinking about trying it.


The first product I use is eye shadow.  I have 2 favorites... Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Plum Potion and Almay Intense I color eyeshadow in Trio for Greens.  I use a brush to apply the lighter shades and the sponge thing to apply the dark color.  I love this brush that Erica got me for my last birthday.


I then apply eyeliner.  I loved this eyeliner so much that I took that cute little nub that I had left from the last time to the store with me because I couldn't remember what brand it was.  It was so short and worn I couldn't read anything on it.  Sad little guy.  Luckily I found it.  It's another Almay product made for green eyes...  Almay Intense I Color Kohl Liner in Rich Mocha for green eyes  And I love the little smudge thing on the end.



Next is mascara.  Mascara and I have a love/hate relationship.  I buy TONS of mascara and I'm disappointed in the results 90% of the time.  I've probably spent hundreds of dollars on mascaras that I didn't end up liking.  Well, that is NO MORE!  I got an email from Sephora where I could "spin" a wheel for a free product --- but I had to spend $25 to get it.  Whatever.  So I got a couple nail polishes and an eyeshadow that ended up being the EXACT color of my eyelids... what a disappointment.  Anyway, I got this wonderful mascara as my prize... Buxom lash mascara.  I'm picky about mascara.  I usually hate plastic brushes.  I prefer actual bristles.  And I don't like when it's really wet.  I tend to blink sorta hard and if it isn't completely dry I end up looking like Twiggy with eye lashes painted on my face.  So I ended up getting this mascara and love it.  I always get the "blackest" black I can get and this kind didn't disappoint.  It has a plastic brush but it isn't tapered to the end which I like.  It can really get in there and be somebody with my short little lashes.  And then when my mom was visiting over Thanksgiving I noticed that she uses the same kind.  Great minds, Mom.  :)


The eye lash curler is also from Sephora.  I love it.  I had a Revlon one that was fine but it would sometimes pinch my eyelids and dang, does that hurt.  So out with it.

That pretty much does it.  I do have a little concealer wand thing that I use on occasion -- used to use it more often when Ezra was sleeping less and I had bags under my eyes.  But sometimes still need a little "pick-me-up".  It's Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector and it's been discontinued.  Which is a little sad because when I use it, I like it.  But I guess I could still get ones on Amazon.  (Another reason why I LOVE Amazon...)

- Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment