Monday, January 14, 2013

Book Review #1: Ten Tiny Breaths




Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

Dates Read:  December 26-27

Rating:  4.5 stars (out of 5)

Cost:  $2.99 (Kindle edition)

~ ~ ~

"Ten tiny breaths," my mother would say.  "Seize them, feel them, love them."

Twenty year old Kacey Cleary was left orphaned when a car accident kills her parents.  She and her younger sister, Livie, are sent to live with their aunt and uncle... yet the uncle proceeds to lose all their inheritance at the blackjack table and attempts to molest Livie.  To free themselves from the aunt and uncle who are doing a terrible job of raising them, Kacey and Livie escape to Miami and begin a new life.

In Miami she meets Trent Emerson who also recently moved into their apartment complex.  She feels an instant attraction, but he has baggage of his own.

~ ~ ~

This book was great.  It sucked me in from the start and I could hardly put it down.  I thought about it whenever I wasn't reading, and actually ended up going over my break time at work because it consumed me.  I ended up figuring out some of the details along the way, but the delivery was not how I expected it.  Kacey was likable even though she had a rough exterior.  Trent was equal parts intriguing and confusing.

There's buzz about the story continuing, and I'm really really excited about that.  This was a great book that I'd definitely recommend.  I didn't give it 5 stars, because it wasn't a "knock-your-socks-off" book, but it was really great.




No comments:

Post a Comment