Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Get With It and Follow Through

The title of this post says it all.  Those are my main goals for 2013.  They're pretty self explanatory.

Get With It

I need to do the things that grown ups do... make sure bills are paid on time, write thank you notes in a timely fashion, keep up on housework so we aren't scrambling when someone announces a surprise visit, etc.  They aren't hard things, but I need to stop using the excuse that I'm busy.  Everyone is busy.  Being busy doesn't make me special, it makes me normal.

Follow Through

This one is harder.  I have good intentions.  I really do.  But it's hard to complete things.  It reminds me of when Lenon was about six.  He was always forgetting things, mittens at school, picking up toys, brushing his teeth... but instead of saying he couldn't remember, he told us, "I'm just such a good forgetter!"  I feel like I'm such a good procrastinator.  But I want to work on it.  For real.  It feels so good to get things done and I really want to do better.

I'm going to be sharing some of my other goals for this year in subsequent posts.  Frank had a great idea to have not just one but thirteen goals this year.  And we are both being less ambitious and more real with our goals.

Do you have a resolution this year?

-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment