Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ezra-isms

I've been trying to write down silly things Ezra says, because I know I'll forget them.  Frank and I still talk about some of the funny things Lenon used to say, but I know we don't remember them all.

Here's the latest installment in Ezra-isms:

Dinosaur Rex

  • Pretty self explanatory.  This one means Tyrannosaurus Rex.  He first started saying this after watching the Toy Story movies.

Sam-a-wich

  • Sandwich.  He's very deliberate with his enunciation.  

Sumberine

  • Submarine.  Did you have to take a second look at that one?  It's pretty close to submarine, except he swaps the b and the m.

Lath

  • This one means last.  He hardly says this anymore, but for a while it would make me giggle.  I know it's terrible, but I hardly correct him when he says things wrong.  It's just too cute.  And he eventually corrects himself.

Hoog

  • Hood.  Like the hood on a coat.  He will tell us that he wants his "hoog" up when we go outside.

Chocolate milk and milk

  • This is when we make chocolate milk using chocolate syrup and milk.  For some reason he thinks the chocolate syrup is called chocolate milk.  But he also knows what actual chocolate milk is.  


Jack and the Beanstoff

  • Jack and the Beanstalk.  I found a Little Golden book 1972 version of Jack and the Beanstalk at a thrift store and it's quickly become one of his favorites.


Tomorrwhoa

  • This one is one of my favorites.  Tomorrow.  He's starting to really understand the concept that things can't always happen immediately.  But he still has zero concept of time.  So he'll ask us if we can do something "tomorrwhoa" instead of today and it makes me smile.

Hope these entertained you for a few minutes.  Someday I'll get him on video saying funny things and post it.  I never think of it until he's in bed though.  Oops.

-Kara





No comments:

Post a Comment